Kornel is a Polish programmer living in London, working as a tech architect at a stealth startup. He's been programming for the Web since the beginning of the century, at all levels from HTTP to CSS.
He's passionate about making the Web better. He's participating in W3C HTML WG and WHATWG efforts. Played a key role in campaigns advocating standards-based web development and founded kurs.browsehappy.pl — one of the top Polish web development tutorials.
He has started his programming career writing games for GameBoy Advance and dumbphones.
Last year at HTML5 Game Jam, Kornel Lesiński with Peter van der Zee and Edwin Martin, created clone of "Syndicate" that won 3rd place and was showcased at Google Developer Day conferences.
- Canvas API & basic animations.
- Structure of application and game loop.
- Specifics of input handling in HTML games.
- Implementation of the game logic.
- If we have time: Sound & graphic effects.
We'll expand skills from the day before to handle larger worlds, more objects and more diverse game mechanics.
- Code refactoring: take tetris, add a plumber.
- Implementation of many game actors.
- Implementation of scrollable maps.
- Animating sprites and particles.
- Basic physics.
- Collision detection for map and characters.
- Basic enemy AI.
- If we have time: Split screen multiplayer (using MVC design).